PALOMA PEÑARRUBIA CV // Email. firstname.lastname@example.org
Paloma Peñarrubia (Málaga, August 17, 1984). Spanish composer for film, advertising and performing arts. She began her training as a musician at the age of eleven. Conservatories, academies, and private schools in which she complemented her classical studies with technical learning at SCENICA Málaga (in the sound sector) and musical creation with modern technologies, at the Artquimia private school. She is characterized by her versatility and eclecticism, of classical as well as technical training. The debugging of a sound and digital composition marks her subsequent self-taught growth.
Composer in different stage projects in which it is worth highlighting «La Grieta, entre animal salvajes» by Remiendo Teatro, with which she was nominated in 2016 for the best «original music» at the Aresan awards at the Andalusian theater, «Crudo» by Ximena Carnevale Cia, winners of Malaga Crea 2014, and “Ígnea” of Colectivo Lamajara Danza, winners of best dance show at the Replika 2020 awards.
In her work for audiovisual media, the composition of the soundtrack for the feature film “Seis y medio” by Julio Fraga stands out, with which she was nominated for “Best Original Score” at the Andalusian Asecan 2016 film awards, the feature film “Bajo la piel de lobo” by Samu Fuentes, premiered in 2018 and for which she has been nominated at the 2019 Asecan Awards, at the “Cinema Industry Critics” awards and awarded with the Silver Biznaga “Mujeres en escena” at the 22nd Festival cinema in Malaga.
In 2021 she was nominated for best «Best Original Music» at Asecan 2021 for the soundtrack of «Sangre» (Argentina) which also participated in the prestigious MOSMA Film Music Festival, and this 2022 she was nominated for the «Blogos de Oro» awards. ” with the soundtrack of “La Vida Chipén”, has been part of the original song “Te espera el Mar” by “María José Llergo” awarded at the GOYA 2022 awards for “Best Original Song” with string and electronic arrangements; has received the Biznaga de Plata «Oficios del cine» at the 25th Malaga Festival and has been nominated for the GOYA 2023 awards for «Best Original Song» for «Un Paraíso en el Sur» from the soundtrack of the feature film «La Vida Chipén» , as well as in the Carmen Andalusian cinema awards.
Her foray into the world of advertising treasures a large number of works made for brands such as Oysho (Spain), Izzue (China), Jack and Jones (Denmark) or Shiseido (Japan) as well as collaborations with artists of the stature of Ernesto Artillo, María José Llergo, Niño de Elche, or Califato ¾
In addition to her work as a composer, she promotes different personal projects such as “Bromo,” a digital arts project of an activist nature in the face of the climate emergency, and “MAPA – Music, anthropology and landscapes,” of a documentary and multimedia nature, recovering historical memory in a file opened through a web (wwwmapstothemusic.com). She is also part of the experimental arts collective, Transdisciplina A / V and is co-founder of the electronic women’s festival FLAMA to highlight and create references and synergies between women in the sector.
AWARDS, NOMINATIONS, SCHOLARSHIPS AND ARTISTIC RESIDENCES
- 2023 – Nominated for “Best Original Song” at the 2023 GOYA Awards for “Un Paraíso en el Sur” from the soundtrack to the feature film “La Vida Chipén”.
- 2023 – Nominated for «Best Original Song» and «Best Soundtrack» at the CARMEN 2023 Andalusian cinema awards for the soundtrack of the feature film «La Vida Chipén».
- 2022 Silver Biznaga Award “Oficios del cine” 25nd Malaga Film Festival.
- 2022 Artistic Residency Grant at VICC. Visby Center for Composer. Sweden.
- 2022 Awarded for the “best original song” at the GOYA Awards of the spanish film academy for «Te espera el Mar” from the movie Mediterraneo. String arrangements and electronics
- 2021 Nominated for the “best original music” at the ASECAN Andalusian cinema awards 2021 for “Sangre” a film by Juan Schnitman. Original soundtrack.
- 2021 Hablarenarte Artistic Creation Grant, Spain. MAPA project – Music, anthropology, and landscapes
- 2020 Artistic Residency Scholarship in Artsiceland, Iceland. MAPA project – Music, anthropology, and landscapes
- 2018 Artistic Residency Grant at VICC. Visby Center for Composer. Sweden.
- 2019 Silver Biznaga Award “Women on stage”. Reaffirming the rights of women section at the 22nd Malaga Film Festival
- 2019 Nominated for “best original music” at the ASECAN Andalusian cinema awards 2019 for “Bajo la piel de lobo” a film by Samu Fuentes. Original soundtrack.
- 2019 Nominated for “best original music” at the 2019 Film Industry Critics Awards for “Bajo la piel de lobo” a film by Samu Fuentes. Original soundtrack.
- 2018 Art Residency Scholarship at ComPeung Chiang Mai, Thailand. MAPA project – Music, anthropology, and landscapes
- 2018 Artistic Residency Grant at VICC. Visby Center for Composer. Sweden.
- 2016 Art Residency Scholarship at Leveld Kunstnartunt art Residency. Norway
- 2016 Nominated for the “best original music” at the ARESAN awards of the Andalusian theater for “La grieta, entre animales salvajes” a production of Remiendo Teatro directed by Julio Fraga. Original soundtrack and sound design.
- 2016 Nominated for “best original music” at the ASECAN Andalusian cinema awards for “Seis y medio”. A Victor Maña film directed by Julio Fraga. Original Soundtrack
- 2014 Winners of Malaga Creates «Best dance work» for «CRUDO» by Cia. Ximena Carnevale, Creation and performance of live music.
- 2013 Winners of Desencaja. «Most innovative aesthetic work» by «Seres queridos» by Bajotierra Teatro. Musical composition and live performance
Feature films 12 feature films (Spain, Argentina, Guatemala, Germany)
- Currently – Mamacruz, directed by Patricia Ortega. (Spain)
- Currently – Los últimos pastores, directed by Samu Fuentes. (Spain)
- 2022 – Secaderos, directed by Rocio Mesa. (Spain)
- 2021 – Isósceles, directed by Ignacio Nacho. (Spain)
- 2020 – La Vida Chipén, directed by Vanesa Benítez. (Spain)
- 2020 – Destello Bravío, directed by Ainhoa Rodriguez. (Spain)
- 2020 – El caso Love Parade, directed by Dominik Wessely. (Germany)
- 2019 – Sangre, directed by Juan Schnitman. (Argentina)
- 2019 – Pólvora en el Corazón, directed by Camila Urrutia. (Guatemala)
- 2018 – Bajo la piel de lobo, directed by Samu Fuentes. (Spain)
- 2015 – Seis y medio, directed by Julio Fraga. (Spain)
- 2015 – La Ciudad Emergente, directed by Sergio Martín and Carlos López. (Spain)
Short films 9 short films (Spain)
- 2021 – Descartes, directed by Alejandro Alvarado and Concha Barquero. (Spain)
- 2021 – Vatios, directed by David Pérez Sañudo. (Spain)
- 2020 – Familias, directed by Sara Bamba and Iván Martín Ruedas. (Spain)
- 2019 – Habitación de embarque, directed by María Nieto. (Spain)
- 2019 – Black Bass, directed by Rakesh Bhagwan Narwani. (Spain)
- 2019 – Aliento, directed by Daniel Ortiz Entrambasaguas. (Spain)
- 2018 – El Desconcierto, directed by Javier Rodríguez Espinosa. (Spain)
- 2017 – Nirvana, directed by Rubén Llamas. (Spain)
- 2015 – Propiedad privada, directed by Carmen Quijada. (Spain)
Performing arts 11 stage productions
- 2020 – Ígnea, (dance) a work by the Lamajara collective.
- 2019 – La Espera, (flamenco dance) a flamenco dance work by Maria del Mar Suárez. Original music and performer.
- 2019 – Eres un buen momento para morirme, (musical theater) directed by Fran Pedrianes. Original music with Alejandro Lévar.
- 2018 – Massacre in Nebraska, (theater) a play by Alberto Cortés. Original music and sound design.
- 2018 – Feria del arte, (musical theater) directed by Fran Pedrianes. Adaptation and arrangements of three pieces of musical cinema.
- 2017 – Hamsa para sonar, (flamenco dance) by Leilah Brouking. Original part.
- 2016 – Undertango, (dance and tango) a work by R: E: A. Part of the cast of musicians under the musical direction of Juan Baca.
- 2015 – La Grieta, entre animales salvajes, (theater) A production of Remiendo Theater directed by Julio Fraga. Original music and sound design.
- 2014 – Crudo (dance – theater) a play by Ximena Carnevale Cía. Performer and original music with Kitty Soul and Three Broken Tapes
- 2012 – Seres Queridos, (theater) A play by Bajotierra Teatro. Original music and performer.
- 2011 – María por los Aires, (theater) a play by Bajotierra Teatro. Original music and performer.
Oysho (15 campaigns), Izzue (7 campaigns), French Film Festival. French Alliance of Malaga (4 campaigns), Shiseido, Jack & Jones, IT Hong Kong, MAUS, Dineo, Reclamador, Preventiva Vivo, Carrera del corazón, Cudeca.
- 2021 String arrangements for the Original Song “Te espera el Mar” by María José Llergo for the feature film “Mediterráneo”, directed by Marcel Bages (Spain)
- 2020 – Cábalas I, a video poetry project by María José Llergo with Ernesto Artillo and Azael Ferrer. Musical composition and sound design.
- 2020 – Peregrinación Sexual, a visual essay by Ernesto Artillo with Niño de Elche. Musical composition and sound design.
- 2018 – Paliative song, Cudeca. Malaga. Original music.
- 2018 – Original music for the 1926 film by Marcel L´ Herbier Le Vertige, for the Collection of the Russian Museum of Malaga. Composition and sound of the live film.
- 2017 – Objetos, by Ernesto Artillo. Original music, sound design, and musical adaptation by Juan Borgognoni.
- 2016 – Composition and sound design for the audiovisual show of the presentation of the Andalusian Soul brand of the tourism board of the Junta de Andalucía.
- 2015 – Horizonte Amundsen, documentary sound and visual immersion concert, about Amundsen’s journey to the South Pole with Luz Prado and Kike Ramirez. Musical composition and sound design.
- 2015 – Original music for the artistic installation Suspension by Emmanuel Lafont.
- 2020 – Bromo. No signal. Audiovisual show.
- 2017 – Bromo. Traces of erosion. Audiovisual show.
- 2016 – MAPA – Music, anthropology, and landscapes. Documentary multimedia project.
- 2015 – Las flores no lloran. Armónicos luz · Criaturas polvo. Musical Album.
- 2014 – Las flores no lloran. The world of the Quay Brothers. Audiovisual show. Musical composition and live sound.
- 2013 – Las flores no lloran Segundo de Chomón, the alchemy of cinema. Audiovisual show. Musical composition and live sound.
- 2011 – Las flores no lloran. Synth – Ecstesy. Audiovisual show.
- 2010 – Las flores no lloran. Recipes not to fade. Musical Album.
Worked as a teacher
- 2018 – 2019 Musiluz Audio Master Academy (Musical production with Ableton live)
- 2018 – 2019 CAMM Modern Music & Arts Center (Musical production with Ableton live)
- 2021 – Directed By Women (Master Class of Musical composition process for audiovisual and performing arts)
- 2019 – 2022 Official Master in Audiovisual Creation and Performing Arts from the University of Malaga (Musical composition process for audiovisual and performing arts)
Ableton Live, Logic Pro, Pro – Tools, Premier
Medium level English